Sunday, April 30, 2017

The '017 Files: May

You know what they say, April showers bring May flowe--- HOLY COW I am SO ready for summertime! Here is hoping that this chilly rain (which has been nice enough to bring beautiful flowers, no doubt) subsides soon and morphs into those summer nights soon. I could stand to start summering in May.

Here's a quick look back on how it went for the April goal list before I jump into May...
Habit Forming
  • Exercise tracking / ramping up the running: Was super dedicated in week one and in the last few days of the month, but my random tooth infection and the surrounding madness really threw me off on caring about exercise at all, unfortunately.  is coming back. Must ramp up walking/jogging/running with the 5k coming in May.
  • Seven flights a day: Almost hit the mark on this one, but again, wasn't very active for the weeks surrounding my head exploding tooth pain. 
  • Nail polish: Crushed it. My nails were poppin' all month long! #BossLady
"Big Goals"
  • Hit the mark:
    • The Seder tablescape (not to toot my own horn) was a thing of legend (toot toot), as was the evening itself (#MosesLovesMezcal).
    • Put up ONE (of promised two) new FB album - captions take too long.
    • Book = finished. Next book in the series = half done.
    • Started cleaning up typewriters and "know a guy" to help with the ribbons and repair, so that's a major victory in the works!
    • Saw so many old friends, and it made my heart smile. Thanks for still being their, peeps, even after all these years of chaos!
  • Swing and a miss:
    • Passports, WHY do I fail at getting you!?
    • Still massively adding to the basket bound for the Women's Shelter.
    • Rolly cart was not yet spraypainted: delay of game due to rain.
    • Ten blog posts = major fail. Sure, I did finish three. And have about a dozen half done. But sorry don't feed the bulldog, sweetie! All the work stress and teeth time, plus a ramp up in socialization, and I just could not get into the zone for writing. 
Overall, April was wonderfully busy. Which is something I desperately missed but also wore me the hell out. This month was also my BLOGIVERSARY! This lil guy is two years old. So let's hope it behaves itself going into the terrible twos!
Make a wish!
Next up on the goal list... Mayday mayday mayday!!
Habit Forming
  • Exercise log: This is going to be essential for both our 5k this month and to get this walrus to squeeze into the itsy bitsy bikini for Vegas the first week of June! 
  • More music in the workplace: I've had my nose so close to the grindstone the past few months (while working to get my... promotion! Which finally becomes official this month - Yay!) that I'm starting to burn out a bit. Need to rejigger to have fewer meetings and work time where I can put on some jams and go kick butt.
  • Walking and watering: Vegas prep! I don't plan on going into the desert to die. 
  • Chill the fuck out: But seriously. Must keep calm and carry on.
  • Quit eating like a college kid: Takeout and Easy Mac aren't acceptable on this large of a scale anymore. Need to dial that shit back. 
  • Ten minute daily clean: little cleans, to make big cleans swifter. 
"Big Goals"
  • Derby Prep: Figure out if I want to make another new hat and where I want to go drink my juleps to celebrate my favorite sporting event of the year.
  • Closet: Paint, reorg and assess my closet and dressers. Need to do a full inventory on clothes so I'm ready for summer trips, weddings, life, etc. 
  • Carry on: Put up another FB photo album. Finish my book. Get up some blog posts. 
  • Old school: Send off at least three letters to friends. 
  • Give the gift: I need to make sure I don't totally fail on getting gifts for Mother's Day and for my third anniversary with the beau. Let's be real, I've already got stellar cards picked out, but just need to make sure my gifts don't suck.
With work and life so busy lately, I've been trying extra hard to keep down that bubbling anxiety. The distractions have been plentiful, and the beau and family so very supportive, but these rainy days and dental woes have made the past month a bit funked up. Excited to give my endorphins a wake up call and hit the ground running for this last month of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment