Sunday, April 2, 2017

The '017 Files: April

Faaaaaaack, where'd you come from, April? Thank goodness the end of "winter" is speeding by, so spring can finally get here to stay, but wow, I just like missed March somehow.

Before hitting the April list, let's see if I did anything I intended in March...

Habit Forming
  • We definitely ate at home more, especially with the beau in full "practice" mode for Seder cooking and insisting on doing the technical challenges from GBBO. Definitely failed at the eating out though, whoops! It was delicious, I have no regrets.
  • Walking tapered off as work has gotten crazy busy and the weather has been blustery AF, but, so it goes. Posture attempts were very real, but hit or miss for success there as well. 
"Big Goals"
  • Taxes are done and passport photos were finally taken. (Apparently you can't smile anymore?? So, I look like a Russian spy / serial killer - if Interpol ever has to send me out over the wanted list, you'll all get to see.) 
  • Social calendar was nice and shiny this month. Thank goodness. Appreciate you, friends! Your company was much needed. Cards and letters were also written up and just need sending!
  • Puzzle = finished! Book = half finished! Photo album posted to FB = solid gold thrown out to the masses.
  • Dentist appointment was set up and attended (and now I've got another root canal to contend with, lucky me!). 
So where does that leave April? April is one of two months standing between me and a trip to Vegas, so that means it's time to get back on the exercise train so I can do my usual "slowly but surely." This month was a shining example in not giving any fucks about mass consumption of food and Netflix, but the waistline held on (thanks, muscle) so, need to make sure I don't slippery slope it too much. 
Let's get down to business, paperback writer.
Habit Forming
  • Exercise tracker is coming back. Must ramp up walking/jogging/running with the 5k coming in May.
  • Seven flights a day: In MKE, there was a Fight for Air climb, participants climb 42 flights of stairs to raise awareness and money for the American Lung Association. Since I missed out, I'm aiming for 5x that amount over the course of the month, shooting for 210 flights of stairs. People in my apartment building are going to HATE running into me in the stairwell by end of month! 
  • Nailed it! Plan to keep nails polished / classy every day this month (no chips allowed!).
"Big Goals"
  • Throw a bitching awesome dinner party for Passover Seder. Tablescape planning is almost finalized and my hostess dress is pressed - let's do this!
  • Last step in passport process - like, seriously. It's time.
  • Take my spring cleaning basket of clothes to the Women's Shelter.
  • Spraypaint the new rolly cart I got at Goodwill. (Why? Does it matter?) 
  • Put up two FB albums from my old backlog of photos.
  • Finish the book I started in March. 
  • Bloogggggg. Ten posts. I'm thinking ten posts in April is reasonable to aim for. 
  • Clean up typerwriters. Yes, you read that most-hipster sentence correctly. I've jumped back into the click clacking and oh boy did I miss it. Both typewriters need a little clean up and probably a new ribbon though, so I need to look into that. 
  • See some old friends. Life gets in the way but seeing so many regular friends last month makes me want to see more of my old friends this month. 
This month has Passover, Easter, and Alton Brown. It's bound to be a good one. Let's just hope I stay on task a tiiiiiny bit as well. Because the warm weather is finally coming, and at that point I lose my g'damn mind and nothing gets done except patio drinks and floral dress shopping. Cheers to the slippery slope into summer!
This is how we meal prep. I'M HELPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment