Monday, March 6, 2017

The '017 Files: March

Well damn, this is not going up on the first, as intended. The tail end of February and beginning of March I was happily MIA in Orlando, kickin' it in the happiest place on earth. So, was busy not blogging - sorry, internets.

Before jumping on March, here's a quick recap of February. After crushing it in January, my February list went pretty okay. Ish. For some things anyways...

Habit forming
  • I nearly drowned with all the water I drank, so CHECK! Also, was consistent with my 15 minute work walk breaks and calmed down on my bitching/complaining. Win!
  • Posture - ugh. I tried but not that hard. Same with #BossLady dressing, it was hit or miss. As for smiling at myself in the mirror. OMFG, I think as a way to stop being cranky to others, I just was cranky at myself. I was queen of the scowl this month. Saw some great shade thrown in every mirror I passed.  
Tracking / "Big Goals"
  • Kept up on housework, tracked weight daily and did great on my exercise tracking.
  • Calorie and sugar tracking went well, too. Finished strong before the trip.
  • While I did still overpack slightly, I still had tons of extra space for souvenirs, so yay!
  • Taxes and Passports - um. Carryover?
A little less conversation, a little more action.
Alright, so February was really just me running like a maniac towards vacation. I focused on things that would help me look / feel stellar for the trip and that's about it. This month is already five days in and it's time to get into some sort of gear. Here's what's on the list!

Habit Forming
  • Cook at home - now that we're not calorie counting, we can get back to cooking. Plan to only eat out a max of five times this month (starting now). The beau and I have so many things we want to make, so time to get back to the kitchen!
  • Keep walking - all the walking I did leading up to our trip literally saved my life. I'd be ghost-writing this blog had it not been for that preparation. Over the course of five days we did over 100,000 steps. A far cry from me being chained to my desk for nine hours a day. Thank goodness I "practiced" a bit!
  • Posture - but like, for real this time. I've got a little reminder that will buzz off every 15 minutes on my computer at work to keep me in check this month.
"Big Goals"
  • Taxes and Passport renewal - this still needs doing.
  • Be engaged - time to fill in some of those blank social calendar slots. Because my soul can't handle the winter isolation and after the time in sunny Florida, my brain now thinks it's summertime. Which means, social time. I need to have conversations with people again and be out in the world. Winter, I'm over you.
  • Set up a dentist appointment - and floss leading up to it!
  • Do a puzzle - #BecauseStress
  • Send at least three cards / letters - people love getting mail.
  • Read a book - #Because
  • Put up at least one photo album on FB - since I keep having a recurring dream that I lose all my photos, I guess FB is my "backup." Plus, I mean, it's been awhile. Sorry, friends. I promise they'll all surface some day... when you least expect it. 
There's no point in dwelling on the womps of February, so here's to pushing forward into March! So far, off to a great start for fun (with vacation time, Shamrock shuffling and lady brunch dates) but not so much for getting stuff done... 
Puzzling, how quickly time can fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment